Thursday, October 6, 2011

Notes from the road

At the moment, I'm travelling through Europe on a world trips that lasts until December. As such, with sporadic internet, radio and TV availability it's hard to keep up with what's going on. But as I travel, here's some things I've noticed:

1. I feel embarrassed for the Red Hot Chilli Peppers for their new single. I'm not a fan but it is fucking terrible. The only thing worse is Anthony Kiedis's moustache in the video.

2. I feel sad for Limp Bizkit (but not much). I saw their new video for a song called Shotgun and rather than turn it off immediately, I watched it (more fool me). The video is comprised of live grainy live shots of the band but then you realise most of the footage is compiled from when they were popular ten years ago or whatever. I guess it's hard to get new footage of fans going crazy when you're playing to 10 people at a church fete these days.

3. I feel discombobulated by the Metallica/Lou Reed project. I've heard one song and it is terrible. It's like Lou fronting a Black Sabbath covers band from Wollongong. Maybe the rest is genius but I think Lou pushes the joke too far sometimes.

4. I have no idea who Bruno Mars is but he is everywhere. EVERYWHERE!

5. I am not offended or surprised that Europe loves Queen. In fact, on the day I landed in Estonia I heard three different Queens songs within an hour of landing. I didn't feel bad about that at all.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment