Sunday, October 9, 2011

A song a day: Fugazi - Birthday Pony



The one and only time I saw Fugazi, they opened with Birthday Pony. I walked into the club in Brisbane just as the first chords came crashing down and I ran onto the floor like a gleeful child. Really, I just put this song up today because I wanted a song with birthday in the title today because I turn 38 today. Self indulgent I know but it is a blog after all... Actually, the only reason I mention it is because I have a stellar array of musicians I share my birthday with - PJ Harvey, John Lennon, John Entwhistle and... Al Jourgensen! The one guy I feel sorry for born today is Sean Lennon - son of John (no pressure) and born on the same day as his Dad - that's a long shadow to escape. You'd think sharing a birthday with such people would mean I would be talented too but that didn't really work out for me...

--

4 comments:

  1. happy birthday sir! Same day as The Ox, that's gotta count for something. Advice: don't end up in hotel rooms with hookers and coke, it may not work out well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try... but I can't make any promises. Such a great bass player, such a rock n' roll way to go...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday, and if you involve an articulated Lorry filled with aged barrels of Jack Daniels, and have the coke brought to the hotel via helicopter, then, at least you'll have outdone the rockstars on one front

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Matt. Nothing so debauched unfortunately but luckily I'm in Crete so I managed to do shots of Raki with some great food last night. I gotta work on my arsehole rock star antics apparently...

    ReplyDelete